A Permanent Division of passionate focused and experienced consultants
4Most Resourcing has the knowledge and experience to make the recruitment process for both employer and employee as uncomplicated as possible, acting as the perfect catalyst in an evolving and fast moving industry.
Java Developer. Working from home
10/4/2016 4:51:43 AM
The Technical Developer role forms the foundation of the technology services and products delivered by the company. The role supports all the technology functions of the business, both internal services and external deliverables. The position exposes the holder to a range of development platforms, industry standard enterprise applications and leading edge innovative solutions. Providing a broad base of experience and working with experts in their field on world-leading applications in blue-chip accounts.
The job entails development participation on high profile solution deliveries, supporting those solutions post delivery, and contributing to the efficient running of the technological infrastructure on which the business depends.
As with all positions in the company, the role is predominantly home based. This requires discipline, self-motivation, initiative and the ability to operate independently in the absence of close management supervision.
Develops and tests code to deliver sub-applications and functionality. Designs, implements, and tests extensions and customisations to existing products and applications. Supports products and applications as required.
* Performs design, coding and testing as required
* Responds to client support requests, taking personal responsibility for queries where possible
* Raises issues that affect product quality and works to address those issues
* Assists Principal and/or Senior Technical Developers with tasks and performs additional tasks as directed
* Keeps the Principal Technical Developer/Senior Technical Developer informed of work status as required
* Develops and records test plans of customisations and extensions for QA
* Full QA of work before release to peers and managers
* Documents and records work to communicate information relating to work and issues for inclusion in official documentation
* Reviews documents for technical accuracy and completeness
* Adheres to work standards, policies and procedures
* Performs peer reviews and other QA steps to catch errors prior to final submission of modules
* Participates in design walkthroughs and code reviews as required
* Supports clients and company applications as required
Job Experience and Competencies
??Minimum 12 months work experience in a developer role (essential)
??Minimum 12 months Java development experience (essential)
??Experience of developing web-based applications (essential)
??Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (essential)
??Innovative, self-motivated and forward-thinking (essential)
??Experience of Enterprise Java technology (JEE) (desirable)
??Knowledge and experience of Portal technologies and portlet development (desirable)
??Search Engine technologies - development and support of (desirable)
??Knowledge and experience of social media / social networking (desirable)
??Experience using relational databases (desirable)
Certification and Training
??University Degree in a technology discipline (essential)