Pentro Drilling Limited has maintained a continuous presence in Nigeria since 1999. Its activities in Nigeria are directed from a fully staffed operational base in Warri. This 150-acre site includes office and living facilities, equipment and vehicle repair shops, a marine jetty, warehouses and fabrication and lay-down areas for both the client's and the Company’s materials and spare parts.
The company started Nigeria's first major project to gather and process natural gas – the Escravos Gas Project Phase 1 – in 2000.
In 2002, the company discovered one of Nigeria's largest deepwater discovery, the Agbami Field. Maximum total daily production of 250,000 barrels of crude oil and natural gas liquids is expected in 2009.
IT Engineers/Project Engineers Needed
10/3/2016 7:13:34 AM
Contract - Corp-to-Corp
1. To work on any part of project as required.
2. To complete work as set by senior staff to a high standard and to target dates and according to company standards. Typically, but not necessarily, this work will be as an analyst / programmer within a development or conversion project.
3. To provide a professional service to clients. Typically, but not necessarily, this will be in a technical design, production support or an implementation role.
4. To act as supervisor to a Junior Consultant or Consultants. This will include the design or modification of technical specifications, QA and review, and the enforcement of Development Management Standards.
5. To communicate to senior staff any problems or issues raised by a client on a timely basis.
6. To attend training courses as specified by the HR Department and agreed by the relevant Project Manager.
Skills and Qualifications Required
* 2:1 or above from a good university and As and Bs at A-Level or equivalent.
* At least 18 months' experience in a commercial environment.
* An interest in both the technical and business sides of our projects.
* In-depth programming experience with one or more of the following programming languages; Delphi, C, C++, Java, Struts, Velocity, Tomcat, Ruby, Eclipse, XML, HTML, or others (preferably in a Windows or Oracle environment). MUST HAVE JAVA
* Experience of structured systems development and ability to build systems using one's own development skills. Similarly practical experience in the use of object-oriented techniques is essential for development roles.
* Prepared to stay hands-on in the long term and be capable and motivated to lead a project team in the future.
* Outgoing, smartly presented, confident, articulate and a lateral thinker able to combine initiative and a logical approach with problem-solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to liase with senior client personnel