Cambridge Professional Group is a full service search and staffing company – recognized as one of Atlanta’s top 10 staffing companies by the Atlanta Business Chronicle – specializing in the recruitment and placement of legal, financial, technical and office support professionals. We work in “professional specialty teams", meaning our associates focus on the particular professions that we know best. Our recruiting specialists average over 9 years of staffing experience – more than any other agency in Atlanta – and our firm has serviced clients for almost two decades.
Senior Network Engineer- LAN, WAN -Alpharetta, GA-
2/12/2017 11:19:11 PM
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for managing and overseeing network infrastructure and performing administration, engineering and architecture tasks to ensure systems are functioning properly and efficiently to support the business needs. Responsible for implementing, administering and monitoring the production and corporate network environments. Responsible for design, engineering, architecture, analysis, configuration, installation, upgrade, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance and daily operations of company's network infrastructure, including switches, routers, LAN/WAN, firewalls, load balancers and VPN devices. Maintain network infrastructure and set design direction for the future. Maintains system documentation, including licenses, user manuals, hardware and software inventory, security listings, and network diagrams. Major responsibilities include monitoring and auditing systems to ensure efficient operation; performing capacity planning and defining system baselines to determine thresholds; providing technical expertise for network issues, ensuring network architecture is fully documented and currency is maintained, and demonstrate clear understanding of network security. Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to the LAN/WAN.
Will collaborate with team members on small to mid size projects as assigned and participate in solution recommendations. Manages assigned projects and project plans including status tracking, scope monitoring, and issue resolution. Serves as liaison with vendors, other third-party providers and works under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment. Usually requires six to nine years of network engineering experience.
* Responsible for the engineering, architecture and design, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of the local area network (LAN) and/or wide area network (WAN).
* Performs complex engineering, implementation, and maintenance tasks on the LAN and/or WAN
* Responsible for the on-going assessment and upgrade of networks.
* Collects and analyzes data network statistics.
* Researches, evaluates, and recommends hardware and software.
* Troubleshoot complex network problems. Update firewall rules.
* Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers.
* Develops relationships with vendors and investigates sources of equipment and services.
* Reviews contracts and maintains close contact with existing vendors of equipment and services.
* May evaluate vendor cost and quality of equipment and services.
* Coordinates with vendors on the installation of hardware such as routers, bridges and switches.
* Remains informed of new developments and trends; makes recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
* Manage and maintain Cisco PIX or ASA firewall rules and security design.
* Manage all LAN/WAN connectivity including configuration and troubleshooting.
* Perform Cisco VPN concentrator configuration and troubleshooting for LAN-to-LAN IPSec Tunnels.
* Provide day-to-day support of production and corporate environment, and work as part of an established team to provide 24x7 support.
* Mentor junior Network Engineer team members
* Develop and implement network technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements.
* Monitor, manage and tune networks to ensure expected availability, utilization and performance levels are achieved.
* Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise.
* Create, maintain and enhance support documentation and technical drawings of the enterprise network infrastructure.
* Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Exchange, and Active Directory.
* Hands on experience working with UNIX / Linux.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience, and a minimum of 5 years in a senior engineer position and 6 years of data network design architecting, planning and support
* Strong decision making, and problem solving abilities
* Excellent communication at all levels, organization, and teamwork skills
* Proven track record in leading the analysis and design of large, complex, high performance, high availability and scalable enterprise applications
* CCNP or higher certification
* Demonstrated experience in networking technologies including LAN, WAN, WLAN, firewalls, frame-relay, VPN, ATM, RIP, OSPF and BGP
* Strong working experience with f5 BIG IP load balancers (Version 4.5 / 9.X)
* 5 years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining Nokia, Cisco PIX or ASA firewall, IDS, IPS
* 5 years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining VPN, proxies, system hardening, security policies with extensive knowledge of security practices/technologies.
* Experience with Windows Network OS and Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
* Detailed Cisco IOS and CAT OS interface knowledge.
* Network diagnostic skills (network sniffing and analysis, network trace tools, sound troubleshooting techniques)
* Monitors usage, capacity, and performance of networks; liaises with users and/or vendors to address problems and changes in requirements
* Proficient with Microsoft Visio and other data processing applications
* Security minded designer, Process oriented
* Knowledge of systems interaction in complex network topologies, shell scripting, and provisioning tools
* Experience with Solaris UNIX/Linux operating systems.
* Experience reviewing systems security and trace logs to ensure compliance with best practices and local / federal regulations are also necessary