Sr. Java J2EE developer : Java, Linux , UML , Oracle : Dallas, TX
11/30/2016 11:47:36 AM
Sr. Java J2EE developer
Position: Sr Software - Java
Job Location: Dallas, TX - 75235
Duration: 6 Months Contract (Possibilities of extension)
Interview: Telephonic and FTF (or direct FTF) so local candidates preferred
Job Description :
* This position is for ongoing Java services development and support of the BARTT application which is used to generate reservation data in our test systems.
* The BARTT application uses a client/server architecture with a Java Swing client on Windows and Java services on Linux.
* While Java Swing experience is a plus, this position will be focused on the backend service development.
* BARTT is backed by an Oracle database, but candidates need only have JDBC experience as there is Oracle expertise on the Team already.
* The candidate in this role must be willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support project goals.
* Additionally the candidate must work well in a Team environment and have excellent communication skills.
* Experience with web services including full WSDL implementation can be substituted for CORBA.
* The BARTT Team is a small group consisting of one software engineer and one analyst.
* The primary focus of Team is to add new features to the BARRT application according to evolving business requirements.
* Category Name
* Areas of Expertise Application development
* Soft Skills Multi-tasking
* Soft Skills Oral and Written Communication Skills
* Soft Skills Team Player
* Software Skills CORBA
* Software Skills Java
* Software Skills JDBC
* Software Skills Linux
* Software Skills UML
* Software Skills XML
* Software Skills ClearCase
* Software Skills Oracle
* Software Skills UNIX
* Technical Skills Client/Server
* Technical Skills OO Analysis
* Technical Skills OO Design
* Technical Skills OO Programming
Additional Skills :
Nice to have :
* 3+ years of Ant Scripting
* Experience with Java Swing