Ascent Sourcing was founded by two experienced professionals with a passion for IT and the constantly changing world of recruitment. The firm prides itself on its global reach, committed attitude and open communication to ensure an efficient, flexible and accurate search process.
Ascent Sourcing conducts its work ethically and with integrity, constantly monitoring its environmental impact and applying non-wasteful policies.
Ascent Sourcing aims to be a market leader in providing a diligent, intelligent and pro-active delivery of service to its clients and candidates.
10/4/2016 3:42:47 AM
This role is ideal for a creative and quality focused database and systems professional, who wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful and rapidly growing company. Your main role will be to administer and support database systems within the company with a secondary emphasis on supporting Linux systems. In this role you will interface with other members of the production team, the website and business systems development teams, finance team, and other stakeholders within the European business. You will be self-motivated, approachable, adaptable and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be enthusiastic about providing the best possible service to meet the internal and external needs of this rapidly growing business. You must also be willing to travel occasionally to our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for trainings or team meetings.
You will be experienced in setting up, maintaining and administeringe MySQL and business critical systems, dedicated to the quality of your work, meticulous about detail and capable of working pro-actively and on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day role with limited need for supervision. You will also have experience of Linux and UNIX systems administration.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Administer, maintain and support the usage, accuracy and security of MySQL, management information systems and other databases;
* Develop and implement maintenance procedures;
* Undertake regular testing and auditing of database systems to minimize risks to the business and to continually improve performance;
* Ensure that database problems are investigated, diagnosed and resolved;
* Devise, develop and implement recovery and archiving procedures and test these regularly to minimize risk;
* Manage database resources, including capacity planning;
* Manage Linux and UNIX systems as required, particularly as relates to database support.
User Support and Communication
* Interface between the production, development and web marketing teams to develop business-critical systems;
* Work with database users to define their needs, identify problems, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and implementing improvements;
* Collaborating in the design and development of databases to meet user needs and respond to/anticipate technological advancements;
* Provide expertise to users and answer any queries or requests for support or training on database systems.
* Research and keep abreast of new database systems, relevant to the business and develop specialist knowledge of database concepts, techniques and design principles;
* Suggest creative solutions to develop databases and business critical systems to provide more reliable or effective support as the company develops and expands;
* Support recommendations with accurate information, predictions and an understanding of business implications;
* Project manage upgrades or system implementations by working closely with colleagues, developers and managers ensuring that appropriate information is communicated on a timely basis;
* Ensure that all users are kept informed of relevant changes or developments on a timely basis and that all relevant training is provided.
If you meet the above skill sets, kindly apply online.