CEI was founded in 1983 as a woman-owned business. Since that time CEI has proven itself by weathering the volatile economic landscape of information technology as it has evolved over the last twenty years.
Software Architect Engineer : Billerica, MA
11/20/2016 11:42:25 PM
Software Architect Engineer
Technical Skills and Work Experience:
- Extensive experience designing and implementing embedded
software systems from the ground up.
- Deep knowledge of Linux * kernel, builds, patches, etc.
- Expert at integrating software with electronics, including:
o Writing device drivers (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART)
o Debugging hardware/software challenges (e.g. basic familiarity
with schematics, able to use scopes/analyzers, etc).
- Practical programming experience delivering a real product.
- Expert knowledge of C required (C++ is a plus).
- Other desirable experience includes:
o Knowledge of real-time software development, ideally in Linux
o Distributed systems and interprocessor / interconnect protocols
- Skilled at big picture / system architecture AND hands-on coding.
- Highly collaborative. Candidates should be excited about working closely
with a broad, multi-disciplinary team.
- Team lead skills a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.