Network Syst : UNIX : San Antonio, TX
11/15/2016 6:21:04 AM
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in the following UNIX functions: General UNIX operating system files locations; maneuvering through Unix-based directory file structures; use of a Unix-based editor (ex: vi, tedi, emacs, elm, EDT, EVE, etc); changing file mode and privileges; how to access, reference, and print Unix-based help on-line.
* A minimum of 2 years experience with computer and network security, intrusion detection and network monitoring, or combined training within the last 3 years of network security, incident response, network security operations, information assurance/network defense planning and network defense analysis support.
* Experience using Microsoft Office software applications.
* Adept with generating reports, briefing and good writing skills
Essential Job Functions
* Designs and implements new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company.
* Develops and provides documentation of the system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
* Conducts and provides cost/benefit analyses for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
* Analyzes, installs and configures applications; troubleshoots network problems, and monitors and evaluates system performance.
* Establishes operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
* Maintains file servers and network access; documents and analyzes system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
* Prepares systems for operational use and supports operational tests.
* Assists clients in articulating and defining their business requirements and assists in preparing the business case justification for technical investment decisions.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* Two or more years of system analysis or systems development experience
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
* Experience working with relational databases to facilitate systems analysis