Kirkwood Consulting is an Orlando based Information Technology Services company that provides IT professionals for project-based assignments and permanent employment. Kirkwood Consulting (KwC) prides itself on matching the goals and expertise of employees with the vision and expectations of customers. KwC revolves its business around its clients: customers and employees. Our business-model does not involve forcing square pegs into round holes. KwC employs a consultative approach that enables us to create productive, compatible relationships between the IT professional and the IT organization.
Security Engineer : Frederick, MD
1/4/2017 12:30:23 PM
* Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security. Manages large-scale programs of national or international scope. Maintains senior affiliations with national and international organizations associated with information security.
* Responsible for providing technical leadership focused on information security architecture.
* Performs security research, analysis, and design for all client computing systems and the network infrastructure.
* Responsible for the prevention, detection, investigation and response with respect to security threats and attacks. Facilitates and manages security vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
* Responsible for managing security alerts, events, and security incidents, including forensic analysis.
* Plans and oversees configuration changes for major security infrastructure platforms.
* Develops, implements, and documents formal security programs and policies throughout the organization and monitors compliance to these policies and programs.
* Researches, designs, develops and implements monitoring of and response and administration of a variety of network security and remote access service.
* Configures and validates secure systems and tests security products and systems to detect security weakness.
* Contributes consulting (risk analysis) and project support in the area of information security to IT infrastructure and division computing projects as needed to support new business requirements.
* Leads the technical aspects of internal security audits and investigations.
* Represents the organization's technical security interests with partners, suppliers, industry associations, and government entities to ensure the bi-directional flow of technical information and best practices in the area of information security.
* Manages and maintains a library of security audit tools, and corresponding processes that can be used for system security testing, internal audits, incident response, and diagnosis of security-related system issues.
* Provides technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions.
* Evaluates, designs, implements, and provides operational support of remote and mobile communications access infrastructure components and client components.
* Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues related to remote access services.
* Monitors trends in information technology and security that could have an impact on the security of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers.
* Masters degree or doctorate in field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.