Kirkwood Consulting is an Orlando based Information Technology Services company that provides IT professionals for project-based assignments and permanent employment. Kirkwood Consulting (KwC) prides itself on matching the goals and expertise of employees with the vision and expectations of customers. KwC revolves its business around its clients: customers and employees. Our business-model does not involve forcing square pegs into round holes. KwC employs a consultative approach that enables us to create productive, compatible relationships between the IT professional and the IT organization.
Senior Business Analyst : Orlando, FL
10/3/2016 8:02:53 AM
Senior Business Analyst
* Four years in business analysis, including experience as a primary business analyst on successful small to medium application development projects from requirements through delivery.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
* Expert level of business knowledge and experience in one or more defined area.
* Knowledge of various technologies, including but not limited to, mainframe (iSeries preferred), client/server, and/or web-based.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies such as Rational Unified Process (RUP) and/or Waterfall Methodology.
* Knowledge of the financial domain preferred.
* Knowledge of ReqPro or other requirement document tool preferred.
* Knowledge of MS Visio or UML modeling tool a plus.
* Multilingual (Spanish) preferred.
* Analytical skills to assess client business need, identify solutions, and manage requirements across multiple projects.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation abilities to facilitate participation in requirements gathering and training sessions.
* Active listening skills to understand what people say and detect what they might be hesitant to say.
* Strong leadership, relationship management and consultative skills to lead and facilitate collaborative work sessions within teams and across teams.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Creative problem solving.
* Strong self-motivation with excellent time management skills, including ability to work on time sensitive projects.