Network Engineer : Urbana, MD
11/15/2016 6:16:08 AM
Contract - Corp-to-Corp
Seeking candidate with the following experience:
* Engineer with expert knowledge of the TCP/IP Protocol Suite.
* In depth knowledge of application layer protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, FTP, SMTP, and SNMP.
* In depth knowledge of routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, SNMP, and TCP/IP.
* Expert knowledge of Internet Security Principles
* At least 5 years experience with hands-on configuration/troubleshooting of the following:
* Web Proxy Solutions (Bluecoat)
* Cisco Network Devices (Routers and Switches)
* Hardware Load Balancers (Big IP F5)
* Firewall Technologies (Nokia, Check Point Cluster XL)
* DNS / Bind
* Global Load Balancing Solutions (Resonate and DNS)
* Network Management (Fluke)
* VPN / Remote Access Technologies
* Strong understanding of network routing/switching (Cisco) in conjunction with web infrastructure design.
* Must be able to contribute to architecture design discussions, as well as quickly troubleshoot the existing environment.
* Must have both application and enterprise level support experience.
* Provide design, analytical and implementation support for network improvements and enhancements.
* Provide second-level troubleshooting and problem solving support for DMZ and network issues; this includes completing detailed problem resolution documentation.
* Ability to work with network analyzer equipment. Monitor system hardware/software and manage system and service performance.
Six years of technical experience in computer systems administration, operations and/or development.
Must have strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
Good organizational skills and process oriented and capable of setting forth guidelines, policies and procedures in their area of work.
Must be able to clearly articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical peers and management.
CCIE, CCNP and CCDP Cisco certifications preferred. Skills: 5+
B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience required