Founded in 1996, AdventNet has served a diverse range of enterprise IT, networking and telecom customers. We know our customers have a choice of many vendors, and we want to earn their business and their trust by working hard for it. And having earned their business, we want to keep them happy so they will choose to do business with us again. These simple ideas have served us well, during good times and bad. AdventNet has achieved impressive growth, and has emerged as a rock-solid supplier and partner, with sound financials.
Linux System Administrator (L3) - Puna
10/5/2016 4:28:58 AM
Linux System Administrator (L3)
1. Carry out the advance level of trouble shooting on Linux OS and applications.
2. Work in a NOC Environment .
3. Handle escalations and ensure resolution of the same.
4. Extend technical support the Clients over email as well as phone.
5. Should possess team management skills.
6. Good communication written and verbal.
7. Responsible for the uptime of the various client projects being managed / monitored.
8. Raise and also Update the tickets in CRM for all the issues handled / worked upon.
9. Work on the change request and new Installations. Ensure Setup are properly tested and handed over to Customers
10. Support Mail applications
11. Conduct audits of the setups done by the fellow engineers to make sure that the setup being handed over to the customer is done to the customer's satisfaction.
12. Ensure earlier resolution to the issues to meet SLA
13. Following up with Vendors – hardware and software whenever required and resolve issues by minimizing downtimes.
14. Carry out Problem Management activity for customer.
15. Improve the quality of the tools and put in innovative ideas to enhance the operations performance
1. Strong Linux OS fundamentals
2· Apache, MySQL, PHP Apps
3· Should have Strong knowledge of DNS.
4· Knowledge of Any Mail application like Qmail or Postfix.
5· Working knowledge on any one of branded hardware vendors like HP/Sun/IBM/Dell.
6· Knowledge of LDAP, Tomcat/Weblogic/Websphere Application Servers and Any Backup application will be an added advantage.
7· Experience – 5 to 8 yrs (Min 3 yrs relevant)
8· Working knowledge and concepts of Any Backup (like Veritas or Bacula or Legato Networker)and Monitoring application (like Nagios, AdventNet etc..)
9· Knowledge of Clustering or Virtualization will be an added advantage.