Volt Europe was founded in 1978. Our parent company, Volt Information Sciences (VIS), was founded in 1950 and is one of the longest-established recruitment companies in the world. Our extensive experience in the industry has enabled us to develop innovative and award-winning recruitment services that meet our clients' diverse staffing requirements.
Volt Europe is a specialist recruitment company, providing high-quality and customised staffing services. We provide:
* Contract and Temporary Recruitment Services
* Permanent Recruitment Services
* Managed Staffing Programmes
With offices across Europe and as part of US-based, Volt Information Sciences , we can deliver staffing solutions that meet regional, national or global requirements. We can provide a single resource, complete project teams or manage your entire recruitment process
GPRS Engineer - Brussels
11/9/2016 5:37:06 AM
Bachelor's degree in CS/EE
Our client, based in Brussels and active in Telecom services, is currently looking for a GPRS Engineer.
Scope of the work:
· Handling 1st line troubleshooting during guard duty.
· Analyse and resolve escalated 1st line maintenance problems and assist 1st line maintenance staff by end-to-end solving of MDS related network problems.
· Support 1st line maintenance staff in the preparation and execution of complex operations in the network.
· Be responsible for 2nd line maintenance on GPRS/UMTS Network elements.
· Train first line maintenance staff on tools and procedures, provide on the job training.
· Support the roll-out of new Mobile Intranet customer and of GPRS NE configuration changes in the scope of specific engineering projects ensuring timely and qualitative execution.
· Nokia SGSN (2G and 3G), more specific Nokia MML.
· Nokia and Netscreen FW, Solsoft
· GPRS/GSM General knowledge. (Understanding the basic nodes BTS/Node B, BSC/RNC, MSC, SGSN, and GGSN as well how they are interconnected.)
· Strong GPRS mobility and session management
· GPRS protocols on the following interfaces: Gb,Gn,Gr.
· Understanding of some general IP protocols: BGP (routing protocol with GRX), FTP, DNS, HTTP,ICMP,..(more user protocols)
· Good N7 knowledge
· Tracing tools like K1205, Ethereal, tcpdump, snoop (maybe even Traffica..).
· Good UNIX knowledge. As well DNS bind configuration.