Diarmuid is our General Manager and Senior recruitment specialist. His remit is to recruit, train and manage the recruitment consultants and administration staff as well as being a hands-on recruitment consultant. Diarmuid expanded the firm into new markets, created new management structures and ensured the successful growth of the company. He personally identified and won key new clients and supported consultants in project management.
Diarmuid has extensive recruitment experience in Ireland, and retains as clients some of Irelands most significant employers. Prior to advancing into a recruitment role, Diarmuid was a Team Leader in a Telecommunications firm. Diarmuid has a superb reputation in the recruitment of all levels of staff from administration to senior management.
Michael Kennedy is our Head of Financial & Accounting Recruitment. Michael was educated in St. Conleth College, Ballsbridge, and has a degree in Economics and Philosophy from University College Dublin. Michael has worked for some of Dublin's most prestigious professional firms including Davy Stockbrokers, and BDO Simpson Xavier. He has a great depth of industry experience including a number of years in management consulting. Michael also heads the Payroll Department, supervising weekly contract payroll for a number of clients.
Paul is one of our senior recruitment consultants specializing in Call Centre, Multi-lingual staff and administration staff. Before joining the team at 1-800People, Paul gained international experience working in a variety of industries including Aerospace. He also has worked with PriceWaterhouse Coopers where he was a soft-skills staff trainer. He then went on to work as a Recruitment Coordinator with Eriksson’s division of Global services in North America. Paul is a native of Belfast and is a Business graduate from Southampton University.
11/9/2016 5:26:24 AM
- Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability scoping and best practice solution design to meet the needs of the product and / or client.
- Provide estimations on a specific solution to senior team members which have an impact on time, cost and design.
- Through the review and understanding of functional specifications, write component designs and deliver code according to the requirements.
- Using the QA bug reports, you will provide time estimations for completion of assigned bugs, conduct unit testing and log code back into the appropriate source repository for testing.
- Where appropriate, provide input into development of solutions that create innovation and have a beneficial outcome to the product or application.
- Ensure all risks and issues that effect the project are raised following set processes and are actioned appropriately. Escalate risks and issues that pose a significant impact to deliverables.
- Ensure any change requests meet the criteria of the change request process
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for required changes, where possible provide alternative solutions to minimize time and cost.
- Demonstrable PHP software engineering experience in a web development capacity
- Application development experience in PHP4 and/or preferably PHP5 with MySQL5 (front- end and back-end experience)
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong expertise in PHP (4 and/or preferably 5) and MySQL5 (both front-end and back-end experience)
- Application development experience in PHP4 and/or PHP5
- A mainstream development Object Orientated language such as Java, C++ or similar.
- AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) architecture/administration.
- Data modeling in relational environments (MySQL)
- Use of SQL, stored procedures and datasets.
- System and database design.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Using Dataset, SQL, stored procedures.
- Version Control/Management of source code.
- Sound knowledge of and ability to apply standard software development principles, theories, programming languages, concepts and techniques.
- SOA: XML Web Services.
- IT security / concepts of their application to computer systems architecture.