SherStaff is the premier staffing and consulting source for technical talent in Florida and beyond. The company provides recruiting and consulting services to both Fortune 1000 companies and to job candidates in a wide range of technology areas of expertise including the Microsoft Technologies, Oracle, WebSphere, Java/J2EE, and open source/Linux based technologies. The primary focus is recruiting application developers, network engineers and database administrators. The company prides itself on the long term relationships established with both employers and employees to ensure placement of the best quality candidates in the top quality jobs.
Senior Software Development Engineer : C/C++, VisualStudio, WinDBG : Florida, FL
1/17/2017 7:59:14 AM
Senior Software Development Engineer
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
|VB - 6.0 and later||-||7
As an LCM Software Developer you will isolate and correct customer reported defects in our clients' products. Superior debugging and problem solving skills are required. The fixes that you devise will be released to customers in the form of patches and service packs. The fixes will also be integrated into our future products. You will also be responsible for minor product enhancements typically with a development cycle of thirty days or less.
Core Level Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or technical institute
Experience: (list minimum # of years for each)
• Industry – 7+ years of software development experience. Prior experience with shrink-wrap commercial software development required. Prior experience with Life Cycle Maintenance desirable.
• Technologies - Knowledge of object oriented software design
• Platforms/Operating Systems - Understanding of operating system concepts and networking protocols. Knowledge and experience of operating system internals desirable.
• Languages - Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
Technical Skills: (describe the qualifications/performance results of a current high performer)
• Development - Strong C/C++
• Design – Experience with object oriented software design. Expected to exercise sound technical judgment and minimize risk.
• Debugging – Strong debugging and problem solving skills. Knowledge and experience using popular Microsoft Windows user mode debuggers(like VisualStudio, etc.) and kernel mode debuggers (WinDBG, KD, etc.) is highly desirable.
• Documentation – Must be able clearly and concisely define technical issues
Non-Technical Skills: (Describe the qualifications/performance results of a current high performer)
• Verbal Communication - Strong English language verbal communication skills
• Written Communication - Strong English language written communication skills
• Project Management – Not a strong requirement
• Problem Solving/Analytical Skills – Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Organizational Skills – Will be required to manage multiple tasks and multiplex effectively
• Interpersonal Skills – Will be required to work closely within a team and collaborate with other teams within the organization
• Teamwork – Ability to work in a team environment
• Motivation – Self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough technical issues
• Leadership -- Ability to mentor junior engineers and lead team initiatives
• Independence/Initiative – Able to work with limited supervision
Specialty-Qualifications (i.e. Security/Install/Build):
Senior-Level Qualifications – In addition to the above:
• Experience with client / server system designs
• Experience in Web application technologies such as SOAP, XML, ASP/JSP
• Microsoft Windows programming technologies such as Win32, WMI, COM/DCOM, .NET
• Knowledge about the NT kernel programming environment.
If you meet the above skill sets, kindly apply online.
Pass on to your friends too and check out www.iitjobs.com
# This position is for Florida, US.