Whiting Consulting specializes in direct placement of professional services, marketing, sales, pre-sales and software development professionals with high-tech companies across the United States. The company was founded in 2001 and has grown to become one of the top 10% of “boutique” recruiting firms in the nation, in terms of results per recruiter.
Network Engineer : CCNA, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, DFS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP : New Jersy, NJ
10/1/2016 8:01:11 AM
BS in a Computer related field
Principal Responsibilities :-
* Responsibilities include providing level 1 and level 2 support to customers concerning implementation of our company's equipment.
* Manages simultaneous customer cases in highly demanding environment and resolves issues using company internal knowledge base, laboratory simulations, and engineering problem solving techniques.
* Determines problems and delivers known solutions by translating general directions into specific objectives, priorities, and action steps.
* Solves problems by adapting previous solutions to fit new conditions.
* Uses phone/email/webex consultation to debug network system problems of increasing levels of complexity.
* Utilizes test equipment in the lab for simulations of real problems.
* Escalates complex problems to higher Tier and resolves in a timely manner.
* Accurately and completely documents problems and solutions on case notes.
Education and Experience :-
-- BS in a Computer related field
-- Certifications: Cisco certifications - CCNA
-- Cisco experience, 2 years experience in the networking field
Special Skills :-
-- Excellent LAN networking and troubleshooting skills, including in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
-- In Depth Knowledge in IP Routing Protocols such as OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, etc.
-- Cisco switch and router configuration, administration, troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis skills.
-- Experience of working in a large enterprise.
-- Strong client/customer facing abilities.
Preferred Skills :-
-- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory management, Domain Controller, DFS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Microsoft Servers
-- A working knowledge of Citrix.
-- Knowledge of Linux Networking