Shaadi.com, part of Anupam Mittal promoted People Group, is one of India’s best known Internet
brands & the world’s largest matrimonial service. It was founded with one simple objective – to provide
a superior matchmaking experience to Indians all over the world. The company pioneered online
matrimonials when it launched in 1996 and continues to lead the exciting matrimony category after
more than 15 years. The service has touched the lives of 20 million people globally and helped over 2
million people find their matches. Amongst many other awards, Shaadi.com has been recognized as the
Most Trusted Matrimonial site and is amongst the world’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, alongside
companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon. Shaadi.com is also considered one of the
leading Indian brands in Social Media engagement.
Connect on Twitter @ShaadiDotCom
Join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/shaadicom.
Senior Product Manager
1/28/2017 5:51:11 AM
DGM - Recruiting
IIT jobs, IIM Jobs
Senior Product Manager
Product Manager is primarily responsible for strategic product planning, defining, delivering, and continuously innovating Internet based consumer products and services. Product manager should strive to create world-class products that are marketable and be instrumental in getting the same implemented.
1. Understanding customer needs and consumer behavior through research, customer feedback analysis, click stream analysis, and direct interactions with customers.
2. Analyzing product metrics regularly and use the learning for product innovations and improvements.
3. Innovating and delivering products that differentiate us from competition. This will include new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
4. Conducting regular competition analysis and recommending plan of action – should master the details of competitive landscape.
5. Working closely with Engineering, Research, Quality Assurance, Design and Marketing teams to create synergies leading to a high quality product.
6. Creating product specifications documents and conducting product specification reviews with key stakeholders such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Design and others.
7. Ensuring timely delivery of projects through proper planning, scheduling and execution.
8. Other responsibilities include:
a. Providing product related inputs to marketing, sales and CRM teams.
b. Training and mentoring teams as and when required.
Product Manager must understand consumer needs, convert broad ideas into rationalized product definitions and specifications, and collaboratively deliver products in a timely manner. He/she must be able to drive consensus among various stakeholders and articulate tradeoffs used in making product related choices and decisions.
Following professional traits are necessary requirements:
1. Strong consumer focus
2. Innovative and capable of out-of-the-box thinking
3. Able to create value using good business judgment
4. Detail oriented, however, does not lose the big picture of final product and time to market
5. Strong results orientation – is able to focus and deliver results
6. Excellent problem solving skills – coming up with simple solutions to complex problems
7. Team Player –ability to drive consensus, leverage synergies from cross functional teams
8. Total relevant work experience: 4 to 6 years
Good to have
1. MBA from top B School
2. Experience in managing Internet based consumer products or services is an advantage