g2 is a leading recruitment agency, providing recruitment services across the UK and globally.
Senior structural designer - London
10/4/2016 3:41:11 AM
Senior structural designer
Contract - Corp-to-Corp
- To produce designs for structures which can be realized safely, practically and economically in the construction of the Company's products
- To produce construction drawings for offshore structures
- To check other designers or sub-contractor designs and deliverables
- To follow all relevant GMS procedures and Departmental Working Instructions in the engineering of structures.
- To follow all applicable and relevant legislation, standards and codes in structural engineering
- To produce structural/system drawings on PDMS.
- To identify and write specifications for the routine structural aspects of the Company's products.
- To perform simple supporting calculations which demonstrate the adequacy of the structures.
- To perform conceptual structural designs
- To answer general queries arising from clients, contractors or internal Company departments on structural aspects of the Company's systems.
- To prepare formal responses to comments from clients and classification societies on drawings and specifications.
- To attend and contribute to internal Company/departmental/project meetings when required.
- To attend training courses, seminars etc. when required.
- Recognized engineering drawing qualification
- 5 years draughting and design experience
- Previous recent experience in an oil and gas company
- 3 years on PDMS