Our IT Networks & Comms division handles a wide variety of different roles in different industries and different sectors, many of which come close to areas covered by other divisions, most notably Technology & Engineering. The difference between these two divisions is as follows:
IT Networks & Comms
Installation, management and maintenance of networking & telecommunications products.
Technology & Engineering
Design, development and production of hardware, software & systems products.
Lead Air & Land Systems Engineer - Gloucestershire
11/1/2016 2:39:39 AM
Lead Air & Land Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and meet the following criteria;
* Must have proven experience of Integrating and Installing communication devices into sites and systems
* Proven knowledge of Air engineering standards and compliancy with current Air Integration and Installation processes.
* Experience of JSP 480 procedures and requirements.
* Experience of MAA processes and procedures.
* Good understanding of Secure communications and End Crypto units.
* Ability to identify, analyse, report and resolve both technical and project issues.
* Knowledge of access, health and Safety processes to Air Platforms and sites.
* Understanding of access, health and safety processes to systems.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels.
* Good staff management and organisational abilities.
* Able to work on his/her own.
* Ability to write concise engineering reports.
* Able to work and deliver to tight deadlines.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
? In conjunction with the IandI Team leader be responsible for the generation and maintenance of the Air and Systems IandI schedule / plan.
? Identification of, and establishment of, activities required to deliver the IandI Air and Systems components of the ECU RP and other relevant programmes.
? Implementation of JSP 480 processes.
? Implementing all relevant MAA 5000 series processes and procedures for Air platform installations.
? Generation of key Integration and Installation documentation including, but not limited to management plans, test procedures and reports.
? Establishing liaison with key personnel, Air and Site stakeholders, customers and suppliers and maintaining good lines of communications with all parties.
? Management and conducting acceptance testing as required by the MOD and its associated 3rd parties.
? Arranging visits and access to all in scope IandI platforms, sites and systems ensuring all relevant HandS rules are complied with.
? Conducting detailed site surveys of all in scope IandI platforms, sites and reference test facilities and to document survey results.
? Co-ordination of support from/to other departments.
? Co-ordination of IandI plans/schedules with with project manager and IandI Lead.
? Understanding of IandI project lifecycle (Integration, installation, and Acceptance).
? Proven Site engineering experience, preferably within communications.
? Experience of obtaining relevant platform and site clearances in order to conduct IandI of devices.
? A flair for compiling detailed written test specifications and step by step procedures to verify and validate technical requirements of IandI of devices.
? Experience of integrating, installing and testing of cryptographic or communication equipments within Air and land environments.
? Knowledge and experience of working with and following Air engineering guidelines and systems test processes.
? Experience of producing IandI matrices and test reports.
? Familiarity and use of requirements management tools, requirements capture, analysis and traceability.
? Ability to conduct detailed results analysis and interpretation and the production of test reports.
? Experience and familiarity with common electronic test equipment used for data communications and measurement, e.g. Oscilloscopes, Logic analysers, Protocol analysers etc