Our IT Networks & Comms division handles a wide variety of different roles in different industries and different sectors, many of which come close to areas covered by other divisions, most notably Technology & Engineering. The difference between these two divisions is as follows:
IT Networks & Comms
Installation, management and maintenance of networking & telecommunications products.
Technology & Engineering
Design, development and production of hardware, software & systems products.
Software Engineer - Middlesex
10/4/2016 4:10:27 AM
The successful candidate will have experience of writing and implementing Real-Time Software solutions for military products. This experience needs to be sufficient for the candidate to be able to work with minimum supervision. A high level of mathematical skills, including a good understanding of numerical analysis, will be essential as the role will include the design of algorithms in addition to coding. It would be desirable for the candidate to have some knowledge of TDMA techniques and tracking algorithms.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
* Allocate high-level software requirements to individual configuration items and write specifications for these items
* Write the software associated with each configuration item
* Write test specifications and test procedures for each configuration item
* Test and de-bug the software for each configuration item and resolve any software related issues related to the HIDL Radio as a whole.
* To produce 'C' code to MISRA standards (some C++ experience is expected).
Skills and Experience:
* The Candidate is required to have genuine enthusiasm for software; they should know why they went into software and what software can contribute to a product as a whole.
* The candidate must have a high level of professionalism - an understanding of the standards that are expected of them and suitable diligence for documentation and planning.
* The Candidate must have experience of writing Real Time Software, with solid achievements to their name.
* Good familiarity with the Eclipse and SVN development environments.
* Good familiarity with the IAR development tool and the ARM 9 processor.
* Proven experience of writing software for military products with an understanding of the security, reliability and provability required for this area.
* An understanding (able to read scripts) of the Python programming language would be desirable.
* The Candidate must have a high level of mathematical ability, especially numerical analysis and algorithm design.
* The Candidate must have a degree in a numerate discipline. Membership of a professional organisation is also desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to gain full security clearance to SC level.