The Merge Computer Group Inc. (Merge) is an Information Technology consulting firm serving public sector and commercial clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Available service offerings include project management; business and systems analysis; database design; application development (web and distributed applications); staff augmentation; and usability consulting.
User Support Engineer : SDLC, Active Directory, MCSE, MCP, CCNA : Glen Allen, VA
10/1/2016 8:03:47 AM
User Support Engineer
The User Support Engineer resolves complex computer software and hardware problems of end users. The User Support Engineer generally is a member of quick-response customer support team and works with associates over the phone or in person to troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose and engage appropriate technical resources to resolve associate issues. The User Support Engineer typically operates independently to provide prompt and professional service through quick processing and prioritization of issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
-Respond to more complex Service Requests generated by the Service Desk that require technical support.
- Provide technical support and advice to associates on hardware and software issues.
- Coordinates with the IT Service Desk to ensure incoming work is allocated and dealt with appropriately.
- Keep customers updated as to progress of their logged calls and ensure that all calls are resolved to the associate's satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of completed work and actions against work in progress in the departmental tasks database.
- Responsible for completing and disseminating documentation for end users including guidance and advice on how to use equipment, systems, etc.
- Conduct diagnostic fault-finding, upgrading and repair of IT equipment.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies.
- Perform software upgrades and patch management.
- Work with the business to identify and resolve business challenges which IT might be able to provide assistance.
- Assist the Service Desk with the handling of customer calls.