Our mission at Edifecs is to help propel the healthcare industry into a 21st century system of high value care by streamlining the information exchange conundrum and modernizing transaction processing systems used to support key administrative functions.
Today, more than 250 healthcare customers trust Edifecs technology to unify and streamline the end-to-end flow of information within and outside their organizations while automating manual-based business processes such as enrollment, claims and payments management.
Behind our solutions is a worldwide team of more than 300 professionals who represent some of the brightest minds in technology, business and healthcare. Edifecs has been recognized as one of the 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the state of Washington, one of the 100 Best Places to Work for in the state of Washington, and an Inc5000 fastest growing companies in the US.
Senior Software Engineer - Chandigarh
10/18/2016 1:15:11 AM
Senior Software Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Knowledge on groovy and grails is preferred
· Exposure to enterprise application backend and web services is preferred
· Take ownership of major features and components of our system
· Define customization strategies, create extensions and customizations, and provide additional development support to current generation system
· Maintain and support current system and ongoing beta programs
· Participate in design and implementation of next generation systems based on our technology
· Work in a cross functional team to ensure supported systems are well documented and tested.
· Architect, design and implement major features and components from requirements, write functional and technical specifications
· Drive major design decision of software architecture and functionality
· Provide hands-on development and maintenance of software applications/modules
· Drive effective processes and design and coding standards for software development
· Implement best practices for software code development, re-use, and componentization
· Perform code and design reviews
· Mentor junior developers
· Contribute to the growth and evolution of the company
REQUIRED SKILL SET
BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field required; MS degree preferred
6+ years' experience developing commercial software in a structured setting.
4+ years in commercial hands-on Java software development; preferably through several complete development cycles from specifications to software delivery.
Strong Knowledge of J2EE Application Servers (Tomcat/ JBoss/ Weblogic/ WebSphere) and Java-related technologies (Servlets, JSP, JDBC, XML)
2+ years of experience in Hibernate or equivalent ORM framework.
Experience in Object Modeling with UML
Experience in distributed and multi-threaded systems
Large website experience with an understanding of scaling issues
Must understand the MVC framework for building Web applications
Experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle or DB/2
Experience with Message Brokers and JTS
Experience with Grails and Groovy is strong plus.
Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications as well as detailed program specifications
Must be a disciplined adherent of proper software development procedures and documentation
Must be able to work well in a diverse small team environment including managing offshore development.
Must have a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle, familiarity or experience with Agile Development practices
Must be able to adapt to changing needs of the business
· Excellent oral and written communication skills