Intellex Systems Group, a Division of Intellex System Inc., is a full service information technology service provider offering quality-consulting services to both Government and Private sectors. Established in early 1996, Intellex has offered custom software development and support, IT consulting and permanent placement services. Our areas of expertise include custom development services (legacy, client/server, and web-based application), support, management consultation, data warehousing, web design, computer graphic design, and e-Business services.
Deployment Analyst : Edmonton, AB
4/27/2015 6:44:23 AM
No. of vacancies:
Minimum Total Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in Information Technology.
- Extensive experience with Windows 7 and XP operating systems.
- High level of competency with imaging of desktop computers.
- Experience with Office 97, 2003, 2010 productivity suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Analyze support issues and develop effective resolutions in a timely manner.
- University degree in Computer Sciences or related technical discipline.
The resource will be expected to perform the following duties and functions:
- Support the pre-migration assessment of user's Windows XP desktop, applications and peripherals.
- Gather user specific desktop information (applications installed, etc), image user workstations with Windows 7, and install necessary applications based on per-user needs.
- Provide desk-side support for users following the migration.
- Provide users with quick-start guides and any other materials that have been developed as part of the project.
- Work at various facilities/locations throughout the city
- Assist users with any transition-related questions (desk-side QandA, ad hoc guidance/training on use of Windows 7/Office 2010, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with user's applications, peripheral devices (USB devices, DVD burners, printers, scanners, USB storage devices, etc.), or desktop configuration settings.
- Document issues and their resolutions\workarounds using the customer's preferred issue tracking tools\methods.
- Communicate to the project team any outstanding issues, or items that require follow-up by the project.