Dolat Capital is multi strategy investment Management Company and a financial advisory house, dedicated to producing superior returns adhering to mathematical methods. Dolat Capital is an analytical, team oriented firm that employs a dynamic & disciplined approach towards a variety of products and strategies for exploiting subtle anomalies in the market. As the financial industry continues to evolve at a rapid rate, we expect the future to present us with both great opportunities and challenges. Dolat Capital is dedicated to building and maintaining a world class team.
Network and server Engineer - Mumbai
10/13/2016 3:35:59 AM
Network and server Engineer
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage linux and windows based Systems on required hardware platforms in a production environment with minimum downtime.
- Must be proficient in writing scripts, and maintaining backups.
- Design, configure, install and maintain all hardware including, but not limited to clustered, stand alone servers, blade servers, running VMware, and storage solutions including, RAID, and SAN technology.
- Provide technical support, training and technical documentation to the Information Technology team, auxiliary departments and contractors.
- Work with the Data Network Engineer to monitor the integrity and system reliability and traffic patterns of various lease lines and internal network.
- Work with the Data Network Engineer and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
- Communicate with staff, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Document server configurations, and scripts, and all other relevant information in a repository to share information.
- Handle configuration, testing, installation, monitoring of trading applications and back end processes of a complex trading platform
- Handle position or execution breaks and resolve them
- Work with other groups on resolving issues
- Handle numerous requests sent by users
- Communicate and follow-up with users
- Respond and resolve issues based on severity
- Identify ways to improve workflow processes for efficiency
- Hands on systems administration, hardware configuration activities, and software installation and deployment activities
- Write scripts for systems administration and operational tasks for trading engines
- Develop automated installation and maintenance solutions for OS and application layer products using Kickstart and other deployment methods (Puppet, etc.) for Red Hat Linux and Windows
- Write thorough technical documentation for use by Operations staff
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- 2nd - 4th level on-call production and lab support of worldwide Linux environments
- Guide field staff with deployment of Servers remotely
- Willingness to work on site at various datacenters during deployment
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of operations and technical requirements
- Performance tuning of software and OS stack
- Bachelor's degree in technical field such as computer science, engineering, or science
- Systems engineering, integration and automation of mission critical platforms
- Experience managing high frequency, low latency trading systems is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- company policies, procedures, products and services.
- computer operating systems.
- web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines,
platforms and applications.
- computer hardware and software.
- general office practices and procedures.
- time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced Scripting skills (bash, Perl and/or Python)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
- Storage configuration skills using standard Linux tools (disk partitioning, RAID configuration)
- Familiarity with 10 GbE, Kernel bypass technologies, KVM virtualization is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable with being hands-on with hardware
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff, both within IT and Business units
- Strong documentation skills (using MS Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint)
Candidates MUST have:
Experience in querying databases using SQL languageExperience in Linux shell commands
Ability to script in Perl
Ability to understand complex systems and be in command of the details to provide solutions
If you are a technologist who is looking to work in a bleeding edge environment this is the place for you.