Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEM customers.
Flextronics offers excellent opportunities for professional growth, a competitive compensation package, and a highly collaborative work environment as well as international exposure. Our global footprint – spanning from Asia to Europe and the Americas – allows our employees to work and interact with more than 100,000 colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds. Our global scale and expertise covers multiple market segments and provides employees with boundless opportunities to work anywhere in the world – ensuring that they never run out of challenges.
Program Director - Chennai
11/18/2016 2:10:43 AM
BS in IT, or related: MBA
Program Director is responsible to initiate the overall structure of the GBS Site IT Services program and its activities, including developing a service catalog, framework to prioritize sites and services, as well as transition methodology and plans.
· Set up and administer GBS program governance structure, key operational parameters and metrics, as well as produce periodic reporting for CIO and CIO-1 levels
· Guide and manage the transition team in all transition project activities ensuring that projects are completed on time. Responsible to manage issues and risks across transition projects, define project management requirements, evaluating project plans, overseeing execution of multiple programs across multiple sites. Assume full accountability for overall success of transition projects through deployment
· Responsible for coordinating program communications, including compiling project information for reviews with customers and promoting Governance compliance with the service delivery teams
· Prepare and present business case justification for transitioning activities from particular sites to GBS SSCs
· Act as the primary liaison Site business and IT owners, service owners and GBS management
· Work with the Service delivery teams to define and update standards and processes and contribute to continuous improvements within the team.
· Decompose program into time-phased projects and prioritize key program deliverables
· Help define project goals and objectives; Identify customer requirements; identify resource requirements; develop program/project budget; ensure headcount and capital dollar resources are identified for all project phases; track incurred and projected expenses against program plan and report to executives.
· Identify and track key program metrics/milestones and assess risks. Help obtain sign-offs from sites
· Develop mitigation strategies and steps to eliminate or minimize effects of risk on program IT plans
· Conduct post-implementation reviews and communicate results to facilitate learning
· Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of GBS operations through various means including LEAN IT strategies and best practice sharing.
· Work with corporate IT to identify appropriate standards and drive compliance for software, hardware, networking and security.
Success in this role will require developing close working relationships with senior management across the company in the supported sites and corporate functions
· BS in IT, or related: MBA highly desired. Overall 12+ years of diverse, global IT experience.
· Proven effectiveness managing across multiple Eastern and Western cultures in a global environment.
· Proven ability to achieve results in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· IT outsourcing and off-shoring experience preferred.
· 6-8 years of program management experience (IT transition project experience preferred)
· Conversant in various tools for statistical analysis, management, project planning, and time tracking including MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel
· Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous
· Exhibit excellent organizational skills and teamwork skills
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are necessary to effectively convey goals and initiatives to team members and top management. Should also have extensive experience in direct customer contact and presentations.
· Strong organizational, leadership/decision making, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects to tight timelines, attention to detail – disciplined ability to prioritize.
· Proactive, energetic, professional self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.