Windows 2003 / Windows 2008 Server Support Engineer - London
10/3/2016 7:05:20 AM
Windows 2003 / Windows 2008 Server Support Enginee
Are you a server support person from a banking/financial services/trading floor background looking to make the next significant step in your career ? If so, this could be the ideal next opportunity for you ! The investment banking arm of a major global corporation are looking to take on an individual who serve as the principal server engineering resource to the company's London offices ! Therefore this represents an exceptional opportunity ! This will include plenty of project work as well as the usual BAU type work.
Looking after all aspects of managing a server estate of 150+ Servers, you will be expected to have the following skills and background:
* 5 years' minimum experience supporting Windows 2003/2008 and Active Directory/Group Policy
* Previous experience of doing a similar role within a banking, trade floor or financial services background
* A thorough knowledge of desktop operating systems eg Windows 7
* Strong knowledge of HP Blade Servers
* Some knowledge of application packaging and Windows Deployment Services
* Some basic SQL Server support skills eg infrastructure level SQL knowledge, backup/restore, creating databases, running simple scripts etc.
* Some basic Sharepoint administration skills (desirable) eg backup/restore etc
* Good Windows Scripting skills
* SAN ie EMC VNX series, very desirable
Keywords: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, 2003, 2008, win 2k3, win 2k8, server, Servers, Support Engineer, analyst, administrator, admin, SQL server, Active Directory, AD, application packaging, application packager, blades, blade Servers, blade server, windows deployment services, SAN, EMC, VNX, sharepoint, banking, finance, financial, trading floor, trading room, windows server