SQL Server Business Intelligence Developer - London, England
10/3/2016 7:06:01 AM
SQL Server Business Intelligence Developer
This is an exceptional opportunity to potentially to manage and grow the business intelligence/datawarehousing solutions of a rapidly expanding and hugely successful financial
services institution! This company are growing at an unprecedented rate so it's a great time to join them.
As the Business Intelligence Developer you will be responsible for the overall quality of reporting, structure of and management of data processes, analytical and reporting solutions
within the organisation based around SQL technologies. You will also have the chance to shape the future strategy, technology and direction of BI within the organisation ! You may
also in time gain an opportunity to manage a team as well.
The role will involve:
* Design and manage the implementation of the ongoing development of a Business Intelligence system that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
* Collaborate with end users, for example retail, operations and support staff, to identify their needs and the opportunities for improved data management. The required candidate will also be responsible for the delivery of analytical and reporting systems whilst insuring high levels of data integrity and availability.
* Working to develop and implement the structure for all relevant business departments in order to maintain a BI platform
* From a technical perspective, design new and manage the existing BI solution. The post holder will be required to implement and measure the day to day operation of the system and the use of the BI platform, according to business needs.
You will need the following skills to be considered for this role:
* Experience of design and delivery of BI implementation projects within a similar size and type of organisation
* Full project life cycle experience from the requirement gathering stage through to the
building, testing and reviewing processes.
* People Management experience - Capable of building strong cross functional and customer based relationships.
* Experience gained within the retail sector is desirable
* Able to take autonomous decision and be appropriately reactive on a daily basis to IT related problems.
* Ability to analyse and review client business data to identify key indicators
* Budget experience will be essential.
* A minimum of 5 years as a BI developer
* Microsoft BI tools (reporting services, SQL server 2005 and 2008)
* SSRS and SSIS
* Experience with architecting data Warehouses and Data Warehouse design and Implementation.
* Experience of implementing and effectively using Datamodelling techniques and tools is desirable
* ETL development around SQL
Keywords: SQL server, data warehouse, datawarehouse, datwarehousing, etl, bi, business
intelligence, modelling,SQL, developer, programmer, software engineer