Omni's Recruitment Process Outsourcing service provides you with your own expert recruitment function whilst reducing your overall current recruitment spend.
We recruit the best people, at the lowest cost, significantly reducing the effort expended by HR and the business. You will lose the hassle of going through agencies or trying to manage your own direct channels.
PHP Web Developer - Birmingham
11/4/2016 4:44:44 AM
PHP Web Developer
Roles available from Graduate Level to Senior Web Developer
This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual with passion and enthusiasm for development. One who wishes to gain valuable experience at an award winning on-line retailer and become instrumental within the IT department.
You'll be working for UK's leading mobile/tablet accessories on line retailer, developing their rapidly growing and changing e-commerce sites and backend systems. The coding work is varied and interesting: they operate multiple work streams and there is lots of opportunity to gain exposure to new skills.
You'll have a good knowledge of developing web applications, be keen to challenge yourself and learn new skills. You might be a PHP Developer with years of commercial experience or a recent graduate with loads of enthusiasm.
At a minimum we expect you to know the following:
* Object Oriented PHP
* Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
* Relational database design and development (We use My SQL)
* Any flavour of Linux (We use Ubuntu exclusively)
* Passion for development and thirst for knowledge are absolutely essential
Candidates with the following will stand out:
* Zend Framework or experience in any framework will help
* Scrum - experience working within an Agile environment will be advantageous
* Exposure to any Version Control System (We are currently migrating to GIT)
* Knowledge of TDD/BDD and any related tools
* Any experience working within an e-commerce company
* An understanding of Performance Optimisation