Founded in the 1990's, Spencer Rose is a quality-driven specialist recruitment consultancy.
Our focus is on providing an outstanding service to both our clients and our candidates. We do this by understanding the specific needs of our clients and their culture and by working with candidates to define their career aspirations and existing capabilities.
Information Security Consultant - London
10/4/2016 12:27:12 AM
Information Security Consultant
A world leading information technology consultancy is currently looking for an information security consultant to join their expanding team on a permanent basis.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
• Offers internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on information security risk and control matters throughout the organization and promotes the commercial advantages of managing information security risks more efficiently and effectively.
• Develops information security strategies;
• Develops information security roadmaps, business cases and remediation plans;
• Contributes towards the preparation and authorizes the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with the Security Committee
• Conducts information security risk assessments and control selection activities
• Design and implementation of security processes;
• Definition and development of security control designs including those required to support external regulations;
• Contributes towards the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations
• Designs and executes information security awareness training and educational activities
• Implements security solutions (infrastructure and/or application) including the design, configuration, development, testing and deployment of security-related technologies such as Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM), Identity and Access Management, IDS/IPS, Data Loss Prevention, Digital Rights Management, Network Access Control;
• Routine line management and leadership of staff within the Information Security Management function
• Supports the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series standards, including certification against ISO/IEC 27001 where applicable
• Conducts activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity management and IT disaster recovery in conjunction with relevant functions and third parties All candidates must be willing to be London, Manchester or Edinburgh based.
This role will require someone who has had consultancy background or who has been progressively moving through a permanent position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading company who are able to offer excellent career prospects for information security specialists.