Addison Group exists to help enable Ideal Connections between talented, motivated professionals and dynamic, successful business organizations. To explain who Addison Group IS, it is important to understand what we are NOT. We’re not an employment agency, talent agency or “headhunter.”
We never refer to people as “human capital” or “headcount.” We're passionate about connecting the best people to create solutions and build careers.
Desktop Support Engineer : DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SAMBA, Linux : Chicago, IL
10/1/2016 7:57:02 AM
Desktop Support Engineer
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience with Windows and Linux desktop administration and end user support required
• Expert level skill at supporting Microsoft Windows XP/7
• Experience supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux or derivatives
• Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008
• Knowledge of basic systems management and monitoring tools
• Experience supporting phone systems and mobile devices
• Working knowledge of software deployment and remote management tools
• Experience with system build tools (MDT, Sysprep, etc.)
• Experience with system update tools (WSUS, yum, etc.)
• Working level of knowledge with standard networking services: DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, print servers, SAMBA, NFS
• Experience with standardizing configuration of desktop machines using Group Policy, Puppet, or similar tools.
• Experience writing/updating basic scripts for task automation
• Understanding of basic security principles (NTFS permissions, Linux file system permissions, etc)
• Experience tracing network activity using tools such as tcpdump, wireshark, etc.
• Troubleshooting experience with standard Microsoft Office product suite
• Ability to perform hardware upgrades quickly (disk, memory, network, etc)
• Experience with basic administrative tasks on Exchange server
• Experience with ticketing systems and basic help desk escalation procedures
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking including Ethernet, IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, etc.
9216 S. Toledo Ave