First and foremost, our recruitment teams will find the people that you need. The right people, with the right skills, at the right cost and at the right time. Whether contract or permanent, whether a single individual or a whole team, we have access to an enviable pool of available expertise which can be put at your disposal.
As a consulting company, we try to offer a range of services to minimise your recruitment burden by improving your recruitment processes and maximising the use and compliance of your existing staff.
Quality Centre Engineer - Croydon
11/9/2016 12:30:39 AM
Quality Centre Engineer
QC Technical Engineer required to join the System Verification group to provide test tool support for HP Quality Center (QC) at a technical level.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide server and database administration support, including workflow management scripting, for QC as well as supporting links to other tools (e.g. QTP and JIRA). You will also work closely with key stakeholders across the software development process to develop and implement improvements to the system.
The role would suit a tester with strong SQL and VBScripting skills, or a junior developer looking to expand skills in database administration and tools support .
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Provide 2nd line input to maintain the infrastructure, incl. server and application, to support QC availability and processes.
* Perform administrative maintenance of the servers where QualityCenter is deployed, including QC upgrades and patches.
* Develop training for new or changed functionality as it is deployed.
* Work with key stakeholders to continually improve the processes supported and design and implement effective solutions to enhancement requests, e.g. to support metrics, dashboards and reporting.
* Troubleshoot both user and application issues with QualityCenter.
* Perform related duties within the system verification group as assigned.
* Customize HP QualityCenter based on ongoing requirements from development and test teams.
* Integrate QualityCenter with external tools and systems as needed, including defect tracking, test automation, build systems
* Experience in Installing, administering and supporting test tools in multiple environments, resolving both H/W and S/W problems as required
* Experience with HP QC database schemas and Project Workflow Customization.
* Knowledge of other test tools to support software development and testing such as HP Functional Testing (QTP) and Jira.
* Strong problem solving and network troubleshooting skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
* An understanding of the complete software development and test lifecycles and experience of tools used to support these.
* Strong experience of test management tools or ALM tools, ideally HPQC, at a technical level and of supporting the processes behind them.
* System administrator, server management and dba skills are highly desirable.
* Strong experience in SQL, Scripting, and working through APIs - ideally QC OTA.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Formal Tester Qualifications (ISEB / ISTQB) are highly desirable