Headquartered in Mumbai with over 350 professionals worldwide, Melstar is a complete provider of Application Management services and solutions.
Established in 1986, we focus on servicing the Banking, Insurance, Government and IT domains. We undertake systems and application management activities, offer specialist technology centers and a highly cost-effective virtual development environment as part of our offshore operations in India.
We believe in a philosophy of ethical and transparent business practices with all customers, vendors and employees to build long-term relationships based on mutual trust and benefit. We are proud to have global companies like IBM, Citibank, Lloyds and Barclays as our customers.
Melstar's software facilities are assessed at SEI-CMM Level III and ISO 9001 certification. There is a road map to reach Level V within the next 12 months.
BI Developer - Bangalore
11/17/2016 7:05:14 AM
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5-7 years working in IT with a thorough understanding of SDLC methodology.
• 5-7 years' experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
• 5-7 years of experience in BI Engineer role with strong hands on experience in developing complex dashboards, reports and logical models primarily in Tableau.
• 3 years of experience implementing complex dashboards using Tableau. Experience with MicroStrategy good to have.
• Broad industry familiarity with implementation experience of popular BI packages such as Business Objects, MicroStrategy and Tableau
• Strong understanding of relational databases with hands on experience in SQL programming.
• Solid understanding of Data Warehouse methodology, dimensional modeling including Ralph Kimball's methodology.
• Experienced and strong understanding of process in one or more business areas such as Finance, Sales, HR and Marketing.
• Flex, Adobe Flash Builder, HTML, Java script with hands on coding experience a plus.
• Experience participating in JAD/RAD/AGILE /Waterfall scrum sessions.
• Ability to quickly translate requirements to prototype and get business buy- in.
• Exposure and experience with Agile BI is a plus.
• Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases of the SDLC.
• Passionate about solving business problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset.
• Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence.
• Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent presentation oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.