Convergenz Technology Services is the largest division in the company. With specialty focuses in most every technical discipline, we deliver our clients high-quality solutions with a focus on velocity. Our Technology Services division helps IT managers meet their business and budgetary goals.
SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER : SAN, Active Directory, PowerShell, DNS, WINs, DHCP, SCOM : Sandiego, CA
11/27/2016 10:32:09 PM
SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Evaluates, manages, monitors, troubleshoots and handles the day-to-day provisioning of the firm's servers and storage environments.
2. Performs hands-on configuration of servers, storage and fabric switching. Creates and maintains system documentation. Transfers knowledge to others in the team.
3. Performs daily monitoring of the firm's systems and applications, ensuring availability and stability of systems.
4. Implements, adjusts and reviews monitoring configurations on all systems.
5. Adjusts alert threshold levels as needed.
6. Configures and administers products such as VMWare vCloud Suite, Cisco UCS, EMC SAN and NAS products.
7. Plans and implements upgrades and patches to stay on current versions.
8. Performs required maintenance to keep the data center systems highly available, highly stable and performing optimally.
9. Proactively identifies needs for improvements, capacity changes and upgrades.
10. Provides ongoing daily support of Data Center systems and participates in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
11. Resolves escalated cases from other Engineers and Helpdesk. Performs fault resolution and root-cause diagnosis. Maintains extensive and detailed technical documentation. Provides training as needed.
12. Participates in vendor relationship and yearly budget forecasting.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: (Yes or No)
Minimum Education/Certification:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
Six to eight years of experience managing, monitoring and troubleshooting service hardware and storage systems. Must have a detailed technical knowledge of monitoring systems, hypervisors and SAN products with experience in fabric configuration.
In depth knowledge of Microsoft service operating systems, Active Directory, PowerShell, DNS, WINs, DHCP and SCOM monitoring platforms is highly preferred along with expert knowledge in performance tuning and troubleshooting.