Convergenz Technology Services is the largest division in the company. With specialty focuses in most every technical discipline, we deliver our clients high-quality solutions with a focus on velocity. Our Technology Services division helps IT managers meet their business and budgetary goals.
SCCM Systems Engineer : SQL, Citrix VDI, SCCM : Reston, VA
1/13/2017 11:52:14 AM
SCCM Systems Engineer
• Participate in the planning, evolution of design, and implementation of System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2
• Review the current health and reliability of the Configuration Manager 2012 R2 Infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvements to meet the business needs
• Creation of deployment collections for both traditional MSI-based and virtual applications
• Configuration of Patch Management using Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and Microsoft WSUS
• Creation of custom reports in Configuration Manager 2012 R2
• Define, configure and utilize Asset Intelligence component of Configuration Manager 2012 R2 for capturing status on licensing and software installations
• Provide expertise in troubleshooting Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure, packaging and patching issues, as needed
• Function as subject matter expert of Microsoft's Deployment Toolkit, and its integration with Configuration Manager 2012 R2
• Continued creation and maintenance of Operating System Deployment (OSD) task sequences
• Participate in engineering and automation of desktop image creation and integration with Configuration Manager 2012 R2
• Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
• Creation of custom reports in Lakeside Systrack
• Creation of custom SQL queries to extract information from SQL databases RES Persona Management
• Integration of RES Workspace Manager or AppSense in either VMware View VDI environments or Citrix VDI Environments
• Implement settings determined and mutually agreed upon in the Architecture and Design phase
• Integration of RES Workspace Manager or AppSense into an existing Windows 8.x and Windows XP environment
• Capture of application and profile user settings for migration and for steady-state operations
• Establish requirements for persona management solution and integration with VDI environments
• Provide outstanding customer service to customers and teammates Application Packaging
• Packaging, troubleshooting and updating of applications with Flexera AdminStudio
• Creating deploying and troubleshooting virtualized applications that use Microsoft App-V and VMware ThinApp
• Working with application owners to understand application installation and interaction with the desktop
• Automating application pre-installation checks and error control in application packages
• Creation of custom installation scripts using VB Script and PowerShell
• Publishing of applications in Configuration Manager 2012 R2
• Coordinating User Acceptance Testing with application owners/business users
• Documentation of application packaging steps and criteria Qualifications
• Technical education and/or training related to this role preferred
• 3 years of experience with SCCM/CM2012 with advanced knowledge of server and client maintenance, troubleshooting, SQL query writing, and application deployments.
• 3 years of experience within a large enterprise with desktop end points spread globally
• Microsoft SCCM 2007 OSD (Operating System Deployment) technical experience is required; SCCM 2012 preferred.
• Application packaging experience with recent knowledge of Flexera Admin Studio
• Experience with Lakeside Systrack v6.v, including the Lakeside Systrack Analyzer tool
• Deep knowledge of SQL database structure and experience in creating custom SQL queries
• Application packaging experience with recent knowledge of Flexera AdminStudio
This is a 12 month contract supporting a large financial institution. Interested parties please respond with your resume and I'll reach out within 24 hours.