Senior Support Engineer - Coventry
10/4/2016 4:06:53 AM
Senior Support Engineer
Working for a busy support department in a small but friendly team your role will encompass a range of duties including providing comprehensive support, liaising directly with customers and managing the entire deployment lifecycle to a variety of customers in the UK.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Provide second line support but also handling and dealing direct with first line as necessary
• Liaise and attend meetings with customers and suppliers in a professional conduct
• Propose, plan and implement a variety of hardware and software solutions
• Assist in the continual development of internal technical procedures and documentation
• Maintain interests and awareness of new and emerging market technologies
• Server 2012 MCSA or MCSE certification
• Good consulting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent spoken and writing communication skills
• Able to work well with tight deadlines and tough technical challenges
• Prompt, responsive, responsible and friendly approach to customer problems
• Ability to adapt and gain knowledge of unfamiliar hardware and software solutions
• Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks and remain calm whilst under pressure
• Full UK Driving License
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Microsoft Windows Server to 2012 R2, Exchange to 2013, Small Business Server, Windows XP to 7, Hyper-V, VPNs, firewalls, fibre channel/iSCSI SAN technologies, switching and routing technologies in a multi-site environment.
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Cisco firewall and Unified Communications experience, CCNA certified. Experience of and demonstrable skills in VOIP and SAN solutions, HP Blade systems, VMWare, Veeam and Watchguard technologies. Formal skills in project planning methodologies such as PRINCE2.