Business & Innovation Development Manager - Cambridgeshire
10/4/2016 4:06:53 AM
Business & Innovation Development Manager
To utilise business trends and market research skills and knowledge to identify new technologies, applications and product areas that fit within The client's strategic business aspirations and capabilities.
To generate new ideas for technologies and applications using market-led analysis and insight and to utilise commercial experience to support technology-push ideas generation from the RandD functions to enable effective and considered decisions to be made on whether to progress new technologies, applications and product ideas to the next phase of research and development.
To utilise commercial experience to support RandD activities and the development of early phase RandD proposals.
To ensure strong and effective coordination between the client and its parent company and research groups in the development and preparation of these proposals.
To identify commercial and academic enterprises that our client might want to work with to accelerate the development of new technologies and applications, ensuring clear justifications are made and with consideration to the potential collaboration framework.
• Experience of value-chain analysis within the high technology (high-tech) industry and experience of identifying optimal position within the value chain for new products and technologies.
• Market assessment experience in identifying market drivers and combining commercial intelligence with identified customer needs to propose new high value-added products and technologies.
• Proven track record of making sound business and market-led recommendations in a high-tech innovative RandD environment is essential.
• A PhD in the physical or biochemical sciences or equivalent industrial research experience in the physical or biochemical high-tech sector is essential.
• Experience in the preparation of business cases for investment utilising technical and commercially based recommendations within an RandD environment.
• Excellent internal and external networking skills and track record of utilising networks to benefit the organisation.
• Demonstrable record of initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party enterprises within the RandD field.
• Ability to identify gaps in the client's network with external academic and commercial enterprises and to creatively identify partners to close such gaps.
• Enthusiastic with drive to understand commercial and technical aspects of new technologies and opportunities.
• Ability to think, plan and execute strategically while maintaining focus to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent ability to communicate commercial and market concepts and exploitation strategies clearly and synergistically with technological strategies.