Consultant Optical Physicist - East Anglia
10/4/2016 4:07:13 AM
Consultant Optical Physicist
Technology development company is seeking a bright, highly motivated, creative physicist with a strong background in applied optics. The successful candidate will have both an aptitude and interest in commercial technology and product development, top-level academic credentials and demonstrated drive and commitment.
Systems Technology is a group within our client's company which consists of a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers who develop leading-edge products and systems, often based on new and emerging technologies. The work includes development of products, instruments and systems in a diverse range of fields including industrial, consumer and healthcare and lifescience.
Keywords: Electronics engineer, electronics engineering, optical, optics, optoelectric, physicist, physics, Degree, PhD, zemax, cambridge, cambridgeshire, east anglia, suffolk, hertfordshire, herts, buckinghamshire, london
• Exceptional physicist with a 1st or high 2.1 degree from a leading university.
• Industrial experience or a PhD would be an advantage.
• Aptitude to develop complex optical or optoelectronic technology in an industrial setting, delivering multidisciplinary projects against challenging timelines and product requirements.
• Good market awareness, with keen interest and capability in identifying new market opportunities for technology.
• Very good communication and team skills, including leading multi-disciplinary science and engineering teams.
• Strong working knowledge of imaging and geometric optics and with optical design software such as Zemax.
• Contribute to technically demanding development projects in a technical and/or project management capacity.
• Take the lead in client communications and management.
• Take responsibility for best in class project delivery.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to develop new technology and business opportunities through individual and team creativity, building relationships with international clients.
• Participation in a fast moving, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the business.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Professional development into a variety of technical, business and leadership roles.