IntaPeople have been based in the centre of Cardiff since 1994, since when we have been providing a wide range of IT Professionals throughout Wales, the UK and Europe.
We provide all types of IT staff, permanent or contract, to all types of company but have also continued to grow throughout quieter times by expanding our team to specialise in other key areas such as SAP, Cisco and the financial services sector.
IntaPeople are also corporate members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and an S-Cat approved supplier.
In 2000 we were recognised as the winner of the "2000 Wales fast growth 50 Project" sponsored by the Western Mail, KPMG and BT.
Development Manager - Cardiff, South Wales
10/4/2016 4:09:00 AM
Candidate Key words development, manager, developer, programming, software, financial, solutions, SDLC, team, .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Visual Studio
Commutable from Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Swansea, Port Talbot, Bristol
A development manager is required to join a multi-award winning, fast paced, innovative and growing law firm to lead a team of five (one tester four developers) working on a range of in house applications. The development manager will have a solid knowledge of the full SDLC and experience in a similar position, managing development teams in a fast-paced, project-centric software development environment.
The development manager will be responsible for managing the application web/windows development team to ensure timely development and delivery of distributed, web and desktop applications to defined quality levels. A Proven track record is required in driving successful delivery of projects through the complete product lifecycle using formal development methodologies, disciplines and processes to ensure development efforts are predictable and effective; practicing risk management and prioritization to deliver high quality software on schedule.
The role will require managing stakeholders including senior management, directors and customers so above all, as a development manager joining this team you will need to have a high aptitude and drive, as well as an ability to work effectively in a team and communicate clearly. The development manager will lead an experienced team through the SDLC, the key responsibilities in this role include -
* Management of the development team
* Acting as the companys technical authority
* Ensure that the delivery team meets agreed deliverables in terms of quality and timescales.
* Leading the development team and ensuring that it is operating at maximum efficiency is the most important aspect of the position - this will mean taking ultimate responsibility for the delivery of all projects on time and within budget.
* Line management of the team including staff performance appraisals and recruitment.
The ideal development manager will have a successful track record of delivering software projects across a number of platforms with; other desirable experience would be -
* Solid understanding of software development best practices
* Excellent communication, negotiation, people management and planning skills
* Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure
* Experience of successfully managing multiple projects as well as updates on a range of products with shifting or conflicting priorities and timelines * Ability to produce decisive direction during situations of crisis or escalation.
As this is a relatively hands on development manager role a solid working knowledge with Microsoft stack is required (.NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Visual Studio) and since the products delivered are typically used in-house, the ongoing development, bug-fixing, support and expansion of those products entails a significant element of application support.
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience.