IntaPeople have been based in the centre of Cardiff since 1994, since when we have been providing a wide range of IT Professionals throughout Wales, the UK and Europe.
We provide all types of IT staff, permanent or contract, to all types of company but have also continued to grow throughout quieter times by expanding our team to specialise in other key areas such as SAP, Cisco and the financial services sector.
IntaPeople are also corporate members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and an S-Cat approved supplier.
In 2000 we were recognised as the winner of the "2000 Wales fast growth 50 Project" sponsored by the Western Mail, KPMG and BT.
Senior 3rd Line Engineer - Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, South Wales
11/9/2016 1:00:03 AM
Senior 3rd Line Engineer
A senior 3rd line engineer is required to join a market leading FS development company with a number of high profile clients specializing in high functioning software solutions. The successful 3rd line engineer will provide support for the applications, technology and infrastructure supporting live services within the company.
This is a high level technical position and the day to day responsibilities will vary but are mainly contained to service requests, Incident Management and being the technical lead for escalation of issues the ideal candidate will have team lead experience however this is not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Good communication skills with the ability to articulate issues to both technical and non-technical staff are essential. The successful 3rd line engineer must have strong server support experience which will include configuring, installing, migrating, and supporting servers across a range of operating systems applications, networks, servers, PCs and peripherals, as well as -
* On the job coaching / line management of 1st and 2nd Line infrastructure engineers
* The effective liaison with other departments to ensure consistent and timely communications
* Act as technical authority and in the event of a messaging major incident.
* Ensuring that SLA breaches are kept to a minimum by implementing measures and controls to ensure stability of systems
The 3rd line engineer must be able to comprehend complex issues and pro-actively propose solutions in a timely and accurate fashion. The environment is very dynamic, requiring constant updating of knowledge in both the technical and procedural aspects of the job.
The 3rd line support engineer will ideally have the following skills and experience -
* Demonstrable in-depth 3rd line support and troubleshooting experience within high availability and highly customer focused environments.
* In-depth troubleshooting experience of Exchange 2003/2007/2010
* Active Directory Administration
* VMware platform (VCP 4 or 5 level desirable)
* Windows background (Server 03 to 08 through to desktop)
* Very good understanding of networking and common network services (DHCP, DNS, IP v4 Routing etc)
Any experience of both IBM Websphere and IBM iSeries would be a big plus though is not essential for this role.
As this role is working within a financial services environment all candidates must be able to pass a basic CRB and credit check as well as have a current driving license as there is the possibility of onsite meetings once a month.
To make applicants aware the role may also have 1 week in every 5 paid on call work, but this will not be for the first 6 months or so until the successful candidate is settled in the role.