IntaPeople have been based in the centre of Cardiff since 1994, since when we have been providing a wide range of IT Professionals throughout Wales, the UK and Europe.
We provide all types of IT staff, permanent or contract, to all types of company but have also continued to grow throughout quieter times by expanding our team to specialise in other key areas such as SAP, Cisco and the financial services sector.
IntaPeople are also corporate members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and an S-Cat approved supplier.
In 2000 we were recognised as the winner of the "2000 Wales fast growth 50 Project" sponsored by the Western Mail, KPMG and BT.
Development Manager - Cardiff
1/17/2017 4:58:49 AM
A skilled development manager is required to join a market leading bespoke FS software development company with a number of high profile clients specializing in high functioning software solutions. Ideally the development manager will have a solid knowledge of the full SDLC and experience in a similar position, managing development teams in a fast-paced, project-centric software development environment.
The Development Manager will lead a relatively large team with around 20 reports in all (made from two TLs each with around 8 in their teams) the successful candidate will be in charge of the software projects division which is a critical part of the company.
Above all, as a development manager joining this team you will need to have a high aptitude and drive, as well as an ability to work effectively in a team and communicate clearly. The development manager will lead an experienced team through the SDLC, the key responsibilities in this role include -
* Management of the development team
* Ensure that the delivery team meets agreed deliverables in terms of quality and timescales.
* Leading the development team and ensuring that it is operating at maximum efficiency is the most important aspect of the position - this will mean taking responsibility for the delivery of all projects on time and within budget.
*Support the project manager in delivering final solution to agreed deadlines and quality criteria i.e. including phased solutions.
The ideal development manager will have a successful track record of delivering software projects across a number of platforms perhaps even a candidate who has gone through vast growth or change within a previous company or significant restructure, with experience of the financial services industry being a massive plus; other desirable experience would be -
* Solid understanding of software development best practices
* Excellent communication, negotiation, people management and planning skills
* Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure
* Ability to adapt to changing business needs and reprioritization.
* Ability to assess impact of change on deliverables quickly and efficiently.
* Collaborative approach to managing people/projects.
* Ability to multi task, overseeing various activities or streams of work.
* Ability to produce decisive direction during situations of crisis or escalation.
* Experience working with Agile development methodology
* Involvement in change management processes and leading people through change