Highams' specialist knowledge and experience — honed since our inception in 1983 - means that we offer highly intelligent and demonstrably effective IT recruitment services to the insurance, financial services and investment management markets and to IT staff who work within those markets.
As a client or candidate of Highams, you can be confident that our professional team of consultants will bring that knowledge, experience and intelligence to securing the perfect resource, career opportunity or assignment to meet your needs.
Application Support Analyst - Guildford
11/9/2016 1:18:06 AM
Application Support Analyst
· Investigate support incidents raised by customers in relation to their solutions
· Manage application support incidents through to resolution and provide customers with regular updates in accordance with procedures
· Work closely with Development teams to identify resolutions to complex problems
· Ensure Service Levels are met
· Participate in Problem Management processes
· Record all investigation activity in our service desk tool
· Experience of bespoke application support, preferably gained from working at a software house or similar environment
· Ability to perform troubleshooting on applications running on Windows and Linux infrastructure
· Understanding of networks and internet technologies to assist with diagnosing application connectivity issues
· Ability to design and run SQL queries against a database for diagnostic purposes
· Any past experience working within the insurance industry is advantageous
· Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Ability to resolve incidents and retain knowledge for future similar calls, thus enabling quicker resolution
· Ability to work well within a team, supporting other team members where required
· Knowledge of ITIL Incident and Problem Management processes
· Good understanding of the complete software development life cycle
If you would like further information on this role then please submit your details.