Brilliant Software Solutions Inc. is a Global Systems Integrator providing comprehensive, integrated, web-based enterprise applications solutions & e-Solutions firm providing services to clients in the areas of application software development.BrilliantSoft provides innovative solutions for Businesses in the new economy, assisting them in time to market critical product delivery capabilities. We have competencies in RAD and have focused e-Business practice.
Unix/Solaris Administrator : Fremont, CA
10/4/2016 11:46:05 PM
Education and Experience Education and Experience
• A minimum of 12years of experience is required. 13 to 15 years of experience is preferred.
• A Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences, or related technical field is required; or equivalent experience.
The Unix Administrator works as part of global UNIX team providing design solutions for operational support team which support for 3000+ Unix based servers in the Corporate Datacenters including general administration and management.
Your specific areas of responsibilities include:
• Responsible for analyzing the environment for HW upgrades (Especially Fujitsu Solaris Containers). Initial Job is to gather the data and getting data prepared for a bigger Sparc Refresh project
• Update process documentation and team websites as required. Establishes and documents standards and procedures for build teams and Operations teams
• Provide analysis of performance while identifying issues and working with more experienced team members for resolution.
• Manage load configurations and provide recommendations for improving performance.
• Work with Senior Engineers on review of entire environment and executing initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improving overall performance.
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call duty rotation. Perform off-hour change controls as needed
• Communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding Unix Systems administration issues.
• Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data. Develop new tools or modify existing for monitoring and daily operational process flows
• UNIX security measures for the protection of data and system resources
• - Communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding Unix Systems administration issues.
- Manage equipment tracking (e.g. racking, decommissioning, etc.).
- Work with less experienced Systems Administrators on maintenance of environment.
- Provide instructions and guidance on best practices to junior members of the team.
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data.
- Communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding database administration issues, and recommend solutions.
• Advanced knowledge of UNIX operating systems is MUST (Solaris 7 Redhat experience is MUST)
AIX knowledge is preferred
• Experience of storage is a plus or EMC, Hitachi, IBM Storage experience is desired
• Experience Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Solaris Global zones, Linux virtualization.
• Strong experience in scripting languages shell , bash and Perl, CGI, PHP . Java is a plus.
• Expertise in FTP, SMTP (sendmail), DNS, DHCP, NIS and LDAP and Active Directory. Prior experience in LDAP migrations is preferred