Systems Engineer : Babylon, NY
1/13/2017 11:55:10 AM
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Systems Engineer producing systems design specifications for Linux and Windows based platforms.
• Minimum 1 year designing and implementing Cloud (Azure and/or AWS) based systems, including use of advanced Cloud services (e.g. load balancing, gateways, networking).
• Minimum 2 years writing scripts for automating builds and deployments (e.g. ANT).
• Minimum 2 years hands on experience with automation toolset. e.g. Puppet, Chef, CA, etc.
• Minimum 1 year experience with logging technologies (e.g. Splunk
• Fluent spoken and written English Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Microsoft (MCITP, MCSE) and VMWare certifications desirable.
• Working knowledge of GIT or comparable revision/source code management systems.
• Working in ticket-drive workflow environments, e.g. Jira, Mantis, Service Desk Plus, HP OpenView, etc.
• Experience with wiki-based and document-based collaboration and common toolsets, like Confluence and SharePoint. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Position requires some travel. This is expected to be no more than 15% of total days worked.