Maxonic's mission is to provide human capital that delivers on client’s technology objectives.
Big Data Engineer : Santa Clara CA
10/4/2016 11:38:37 PM
Big Data Engineer
Desired Skills and Experience
· Undergraduate or Master's Degree, preferably in computer science.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Hyperbolic passion for the latest technologies and how they can help clients use them to derive real value.
· The ability to listen more than talk, understand what your being told (even reading between the lines), and respond accordingly.
· Strong problem solving, debugging and performance analysis skills.
The following skills are valued, but not essential:
· Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, Scala, C/C++.
· Understanding of Hadoop internals, Pig, Hive, and HBase as well as knowledge of SQL and No-SQL databases.
· Experience with UNIX and Windows to the level at which you feel comfortable on the command line interface;
· Familiarity with ETL tools such as Talend , Knime, CloverETL, or Pentaho a plus.
· Familiarity with high volume and real time streaming (e.g., Storm or Spark Streaming) a plus.
· Familiarity with networking concepts/security standards a plus.
· Familiarity with Splunk a plus.