SR.SQL Server Database Analyst : Salem, OR
1/6/2017 12:10:20 PM
SR.SQL Server Database Analyst
This contract position will provide expert SQL Server consulting and technical services for the DHS/OHA Office of Information Services OR-Kids System. OR-Kids is the State's SACWIS.
The types of services that will be provided are:
• Manage and tune database query performance
• Design and Implement security strategy
• Create server and database audit specifications
• Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
• Implement Replication near real-time processing, including system monitoring and scripts for modifications and upgrades
• Design Storage Architecture, Partitioning and TempDB usage, including the implementation of compression techniques.
• Review and ensure that new database code meets standards for readability, reliability, and performance
• Provide developers with feedback regarding the most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggestions for ways to improve performance
• Conduct SQL Server training sessions for application developers
• Consult with developers on the most efficient database designs for all object types, including tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• At least 10 years' experience with DBMS systems, and at least five years direct experience with SQL Server.
• Experience architecting and monitoring high transaction, production database systems.
• Expertise with data warehouse design and architecture.
• Industry certification such as MCTS, MCP, or other DBMS, business intelligence, or data warehousing certifications.