We have been working with the hottest start-ups in the US for the last 11 years. We have developed relationships with several management teams that are building their third or fourth successful companies.
Senior Middleware Developer : Houston, TX
1/10/2017 11:56:25 AM
Senior Middleware Developer
• Develop BizTalk, nServiceBus, and Tibco EMS based application integration solutions.
• Actively participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering and documenting, solution design and documenting, coding and unit test, integration testing, handoff to QA and UAT, and transition to production.
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications that are aligned with Direct Energy's application integration process and standards.
• Development and delivery of both BizTalk and C# application integration components and services.
• Perform design and code reviews to ensure adherence to Direct Energy's project management, software development, and application integration standards.
• Help improve software development and application integration standards on an as needed basis.
• Provide the IS support teams with level 3 support on an as needed basis.
• Proactively work to understand the IS support and business user teams pain points, and provide and implement suggestions on how to improve supportability and usability in future code releases.
• Collaborate with development peers in Global IT in order to effectively coordinate work.
• Work closely with the both the IS middleware and DBA shared service groups.
• Provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced application developers. Technical Skills and Qualifications:
• Broad IS/IT technology knowledge/experience with an ability to adapt to new requirements/technologies.
• Experience implementing enterprise system integration projects and initiatives; understanding of and experience implementing enterprise integration patterns.
• Good understanding of SOA.
• Experience supporting enterprise system integration projects and initiatives.
• Experience with enterprise integration platforms, e.g. TIBCO Suite or Microsoft BizTalk.
• Deep understanding of object oriented techniques, design patterns, and programming languages.
• Extensive experience in the Microsoft C# programming language, WCF, and the .NET Entity Framework.
• Thorough understanding of relational database design, and experience in implementing relational database artifacts such as tables, views, and stored procedures.
• Proven knowledge in troubleshooting poorly performing database queries and stored procedures.
• Experience with both waterfall and agile software development methodologies. Soft Skills and Qualifications:
• Proactive and forward thinking in a diverse progressive environment.
• Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
• Results driven with strong personal initiative, yet sensitive to a strong collegial/collaborative environment.
• Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
• Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines in which the company must operate to be successful.
• Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
• Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem solving skills.
• Must have very good verbal and written communication skills. Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Science or a related field.
• 8+ years development experience with C#.
• 6+ years development experience in Microsoft SQL server development.
• 3+ years BizTalk development experience.
• .NET Web application or C# fat client