Enigma People Solutions is a Scottish based Search and Selection firm with offices in Glasgow & Edinburgh. We specialise in providing contract and permanent recruitment solutions throughout the UK to a wide range of companies.
Our core markets currently include:
Creative & Digital Media
Sales & Marketing
Sensor Technology R&D Engineer - Edinburgh
10/4/2016 4:32:23 AM
Sensor Technology R&D Engineer
In this role you will encounter unique challenges, such as merging design and simulation aspects with characterization to understand the effects of pixel design and technology on critical figures of merit. This challenging role will provide an opportunity for a solid state physicist to apply their knowledge to device development taking into consideration product requirements and system constraints within the Photonics roadmap of the company.
As Technology RandD Engineer, you will be tasked with layout and simulation activities to help the SPAD Pixel Team to design new pixels, and you will be providing electro-optical characterization data and analysis to feed back into the design and simulation. Initially this involves familiarization with existing techniques, methods and databases. You will work in collaboration with local and other European sites, to develop and adopt standard methods and reporting formats. You will run device simulations, make measurements, publish results, and establish their credibility. You will also build new otpical and electrical characterization benches and develop new characterization methodologies with support from the team. The role requires an individual who is demonstrably capable in device simulation and characterization and is able to bring that knowledge and experience to bear to the environment, tools, equipment and techniques used within the company.
You will design and characterize SPAD pixels appropriate to both customer and internal organizational needs. Medium to longer term the role will expand to cover a wider range of activities. You will strengthen and develop existing pixel simulations and characterization capabilities.
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate that you have the following skills
• Post graduate degree in physics or related field
• Working knowledge of semicondctor devices, silicon products and device measurement
• Some experience in device characterization and optical bench setup
• Experience in device simulation.
• Demonstrable skills in programming, either directly in a high-level language or through a scripting language medium.
• Clear communication skills and proven ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment.
• Skilled in collating and reporting data and checking for consistency and accuracy.
• Experienced in use of MS Office package and especially capable in use of Excel for data analysis graphing and reporting.
• C/C++/Python programming experience
• Matlab usage and programming experience,
• Understanding of optics and camera systems.
• Software development skills and understanding of software design methodologies.
• French language skills would be an advantage.