Network Engineer : Troy, MI
1/11/2017 12:27:49 PM
• 7+ years of relevant work experience related to phone technology such as: UCaaS, Microsoft Lync, PBX integration, SIP trunks and/or third party audio, web, and video conferencing solutions and their integration.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university – Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Telecommunications Engineering preferred.
Must possess 1 or more of the following certifications preferred or equivalent years of experience:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Collaboration.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Communication.
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – Collaboration.
3-6 Month Deliverables:
• Establish and document standards for unified communications with the managed service providers.
• Documented improvements to the Client technical infrastructure.
• Documented approvals on all global projects for the Unified communications component.
• Creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps.
• Compliance with technical infrastructure architecture standards, processes, principles, and methodologies.
• Compile metrics for project adherence to UC technical standards.
• Strategic and tactical definition of architecture transition plans.
• Reviews of proposed technology architectures, both service based and custom development, for technical compliance.
• Develop business case/design for expansion/upgrade of aged PBX and VoIP, implementing SIP Trunking or other technologies to reduce the overall communications costs and minimize the risks from the current environment.
• Ensure that the current provider will build WAN Bandwidth Estimation Model (BEM) to objectively specify Bandwidth requirements at a given site for UC.