TEKsystems is one of the nation's largest single source providers of information technology and communications staffing and services, providing more than 20,000 professionals to client locations every day. Our promise to you is world-class technology execution delivered with customer service that's second to none.
Desktop Support Technician : Vancouver, BC
2/12/2017 11:22:59 PM
Desktop Support Technician
* Assists with the installation, configuration, and support of POS and related peripheral equipment.
* Works with helpdesk team to determine and resolve problems received as it pertains to all technology including POS, Back Office, Mobile, and Networks.
* Provide first level support when necessary to customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems as they arise via phone, email, or remote desktop support
* Field incoming requests from end users in North American and International (UK, Europe, Asia, and AUS/NZ) locations in a courteous manner
* Maintain appropriate documentation and resolution information through our ITSM tool, ServiceNow
* Assist and bolster the IT Support team in creating and maintaining internal processes for various Technology rollout projects and execute where necessary
* Technical resolution - troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving retail application issues through a full incident lifecycle.
* Support ticket management - managing tickets through our Service Now tool, by taking ownership and providing accurate updates
* Shift flexibility - We provide support for international locations 24/7 with 18/7 cover in the office, so the flexibility to work evenings and weekends is a must.
* Process driven - Ability to follow documentation to fix issues in a series of steps.
* Commitment to improvement - Contributing new information to our knowledge base and bringing ideas to the team.
* Communication Skills - Professional and effective communication skills over multiple media: Telephone, email, in-person.