TEKsystems is one of the nation's largest single source providers of information technology and communications staffing and services, providing more than 20,000 professionals to client locations every day. Our promise to you is world-class technology execution delivered with customer service that's second to none.
Data Analyst : Victoria, BC
1/5/2017 8:47:33 PM
Required Skills -
- Support enterprise data governance planning and projects. Participates in development of data governance strategies, guiding principles, standards and best practices in alignment with enterprise data management objectives.
- Develops data structures and business driven processes to standardize, distribute and provide information accessibility across the organization.
- Develops and manages data models, data management standards and conventions, data naming standards, and metadata.
- Develops flexible, scalable, and cost effective integrated information delivery architectures to meet business requirements.
- Supports application teams to migrate legacy data to newly architected environments.
- Collaborates (and leads where appropriate) on strategic initiatives such as Enterprise Data Management (EDM), Data Governance, Information Quality, Content Management, Data Integration, and Reporting.
- Contributes to new and existing data projects including the implementation of business intelligence, reporting, and data warehouses solutions by applying requirements analysis, data profiling, and solution design skills.
- Develops and builds strong relationships within and across lines of business and applies communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic data architecture objectives.
- Actively adheres to compliance and risk management policies, and participates in business continuity planning
Nice to have:
- Post-secondary education in computer science or a related discipline supplemented by a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Data Analyst preferably in the financial industry.
- Current or planned enrollment in the Canadian Securities Course and experience would also be preferred
- Operational knowledge of complex financial systems and the Investment Management sector would be an asset.