Established in 1996, located in mid town Toronto, specializing in IT staffing.
PeopleSoft Administrator : Toronto, ON
1/10/2017 10:45:53 AM
• Provide senior technology infrastructure expertise in a wide-range IandIT environment and strategies by: monitoring and evaluating infrastructure performance, reliability and cost to upgrade the infrastructure through design changes and developing and overseeing the complete implementation of infrastructure changes; developing solutions re: disaster recovery/integrity/security; assessing impact of changes to the infrastructure, application software, system performance and to clients.
• Coordinate the interconnection of Cluster mainframes/servers/desktops/communications facilities with other ministries, governments, suppliers and external clients as required, providing on the job training/mentoring and procedures as required.
• Forecast cluster demand/needs for the entire IandIT infrastructure capacity and performance to establish optimization of the infrastructure, and applying expert knowledge to upgrade and maintain the technology infrastructure components; liaising with clients and overseeing product/service providers to ensure effective problem resolution and provide product installation, configuration and usage advice.
• Lead corporate infrastructure projects and ensuring detailed plans, cost estimates and all activities are coordinated for building, maintaining or developing multi-purpose and multi-client technology infrastructure including desktops, networks, servers, software, services. Providing project leadership to teams; expert advice to computer operations staff, senior management, clients and application developers on the technical workings, requirements and capabilities of the infrastructure.
• Provide senior expertise in the research, evaluation, and acquisition of databases, software, hardware, technology, components including for products to meet specific client business needs; conducting software product tendering, evaluation, selection and acquisition; negotiating servicing/acquisition contracts within defined parameters.
• Prepare reports, presentations and usage communication for audiences of varying technical knowledge regarding technology solutions and infrastructure design.
• Maintain current knowledge of technology trends and advances in order to provide technical advise and support to systems/application designers, developers, architects and management.
• Plan and manage the activities and status of various environments (database instances and related server applications) necessary to support the application (production, QA, test, dev etc)
• Plan, manage, review and apply PeopleSoft software patches, fixes and version upgrades (PIA) including PS tools - requires coordinating efforts with Business Analysts, Application Tech Lead, DBA and server administrators
• Provide level 3 support (Call centre/Operations is level 1 and 2) for PeopleSoft application, web and USS server domains and Process scheduler (PIA)
• Define monitor and test backup and recovery procedures within server environments
• Define future storage requirements for server file systems
• Provide technical assistance with future implementation/upgrades of PeopleSoft application components on servers
• Customization and upgrade of 3rd party software components provided by PeopleSoft (Crystal, SQR, web server etc)
• Primary interface with PeopleSoft Vendor
• Previous experience in the Public Sector an asset